LETTER TO RUNNERS
To all participants of the Yeti or Not 25k,
First of all, I want to send my sincerest apologies to all of you for having to postpone the event. I completely understand training for an event and the event not occurring on the anticipated date and how frustrating that can be. However, please do not compare this to any other race, as this event has it’s own challenges in logistics that others may not.
Secondly, my decision was made based on the health of the trail network. With 100+ potential runners on the route, the impact on the trails themselves would indeed suffer damage that could take years to repair. Not to mention force closure of these trails for future use until the time the repair could be made. In thinking of the future well being of the Forest, I made the decision to postpone the event.
Lastly, I wouldn’t be telling the whole truth if I didn’t state my concern for any runner injured during the event. With the remoteness and inaccessibility of some of the course, due to the 8” of snow, injured runners would be next to impossible to get off the course without taking extreme measures. A risk I am simply not willing to take.
So we will live to run another day!